Sunday, March 2, 2008

Better than a paid vacation.

Like most people, I assume, I thought about starting a business for a long, long time before I got up the courage to actually follow through on the idea. I knew there was a market for slipcovers then, but I really didn't expect the craze to last for the next fourteen years. I wanted to be able to work from home so that I could be there for my kids (all grown up now).

The things that have surprised me and blessed me most about the venture, are all the great people I have met, and the positive feedback I have received. I am an introvert at my core, and was pretty intimidated at the thought of talking to customers, not to mention suppliers, who deal mostly with other men and can be a little on the gruff side.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to just go to a job every day that would actually pay me to take a vacation! But, I really wouldn't trade that for all the nice people I have met and the confidence I have gained. Which leads me to the purpose of this post.

One of my customers, who I have done a few jobs for, invited me into her art studio that she and her husband built in their backyard. It is so inspiring and amazing. She let me take some pictures, but my limited skills really don't convey just how enchanting the space is.

Greeted by bunnies.



I Love these wire shelves with the colorful ribbons and antique doll dresses.




Isn't this dresser awesome? She really has an eye for finding treasures!




Clever storage for her beautiful papers.




I love to see the projects she is working on.







Lots of tools. Love those tools!

4 comments:

OldBagNewTricks said...

Oh, that IS a wonderful art space. It was so nice of your client to let you snap pictures of it for us. And thank you for thinking of us too. Like you I am an introvert at my core too -- talking with clients astounds me! Most important of all, Congratulations on that beautiful brand new GrandSon -- he's exquisite!!

Jenny

Angie said...

Such a beautiful space, wish mined looked like that. I am an introvert also, but love dealing with people one on one. I have the best clients,sounds like you do to.

Oh, an yes, I never congratulated you on the new grandson.

Ange

Julie said...

What a nice space to be creative in.

Tracy said...

What a wonderful space to create in! I wish mine were so pretty and organized--LOL! Love those bunnies too...Happy Day ((HUGS))