When I make slipcovers I use upholstery thread on big spools, and toss them into a wire basket when I switch to a different color.
So, as you can guess, it gets a little messy with loose ends. I took them all out the other day and tidied them up with scissors and cellophane tape.
I found these great thread photos on flickr (below). I could spend all day looking at all the amazing photos that are posted on flickr, but you know how that is. I am doing my civic duty by serving on a jury and am heading into a second week of testimony. Thankfully, we have Mondays off, but that means I have lots to do today!