Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sometimes you just need a change of location.

I love the recycle/re purpose trend that is going on these days. My brain seems to work that way naturally. I'm always thinking, "what else could I use that for", or "what can I use to make this, since I don't have the real thing".....like... a DAYBED.



A few weeks ago a friend said, hey, we took these window bars off of my parents' house, and they are kind of cool looking. (Or something like that, I don't remember her exact words.) So, because I have been thinking about how to dress up the plain beds in our house, that was my first thought. We made a little trade, and well there you have it. Window bars on the windows.... not so pretty. Window bars on the wall....better.

I like it a lot. You have to use your imagination a little, but that's okay with me.

5 comments:

Raya Carlisle said...

Thats genius momma. cant wait to see it next time we're there!

Scarlett Fiona Reed said...

I love it, so cute!

Cyndi said...

what a great repurpose for window bars when we lived in San Diego we had them on the windows and I hated them. but love them in the room Looks Great!!!

Angie said...

Great idea KT. Keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

What creativity to use those to make a daybed - LOVELY!