Friday, April 24, 2009

She took me out to the ball game!

On Tuesday my 19 year old daughter had an extra ticket to a Giants/ Padres game because the friend she was planning to take couldn't go. She called and said," I can't find anyone to use my extra ticket, do you want to go? I'll be home in twenty minutes and we need to leave when I get there." I hate to admit it but that was pretty spontaneous for me. She drove the hour and a half trip to get to AT&T park in San Francisco and it was nice for me to see that she is a careful and responsible driver, and that she is becoming an adult that I am very proud of.

She told me the tickets were up high, but had a good view of the park. She was right. When we sat down I said, "Wow, I can see everything from here!




Then this happened:





Isn't that just how life is. Seems like there is always some obstacle right in our way! A reminder for me that I always need to be ready to deal with whatever may present itself. In this case it was a big man with a matching big head, but usually for me it is some form of discouragement since I tend to be easily discouraged.

I just had to lean to the right a little, and it was fortunate that the seat on that side of me was empty. In other matters, overcoming the obstacles takes more effort. I just have to keep telling myself, "Katie, you can make this work, just focus on the main event, not the distractions! "



4 comments:

.::. ariane phillips .::. said...

I have that problem of being short and having tall people sit in front of me and blocking my view. Especially when I go to movies :)

Hope you enjoyed the game though! I love the San Fransico stadium! I was in Seattle last weekend watching the Mariners vs. Detroit. There is nothing better than enjoying a day at the ball field.

CindyLou said...

Your words of wisdom hit a cord with me! We sometimes have to adjusts our thoughts and paths to see the end game! Hope you had a great time with your daughter!

Dawn said...

Looks like a lovely day. What a nice girl you raised!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you got to go with me. I love you momma :)