Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Takes us back.....




The husband recently started a new job that happens to be a short walk to the beach in one direction, and a short walk to the first place we lived when we got married in 1977 in the other. In the picture you can see another little cottage behind the one we rented. (small). They are basically square, and must have been built as little vacation rentals because there is also a bigger house on the property. There was a bedroom (a room the size of a bed), a bathroom, and "hallway living room" that turned the corner to become a kitchen.





But, we had the beach, just two blocks away, and the nearby yacht harbor.

I can't imagine living in a place that small now, even though Tom talks about selling the house and buying an RV. Where would I keep all my crafting and sewing supplies? I'm not sure if he's really serious, but I know I would adapt somehow. Although... it would probably involve a large trailer of some kind.

1 comment:

AnnaVallance said...

We are considering downsizing and that is also one of my worries - where do I put all my stuff? I always remind W that I need my own studio.