Thursday, January 10, 2008

Four things I learned this week....

1. I love chimichurri. It is an Argentinian sauce made from blended up flat-leaf parsley, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, etc. (Rachel Ray made it on her show.)

2. The book Life of Pi by Yann Martel is NOT a true story, even though he makes it sound that way in the author's note in the beginning. As my husband pointed out, it says "a novel" right there on the front of the book, and an on-line search of similar shipwreck survivors from that period of time came up empty. (sigh) I was convinced it was all real.

3. Eating candy canes after dinner can become habit forming. (Why did I give those left-over candy canes to my husband to take to work?!)

4.Candy canes taken off of a three week old gingerbread house are edible, but slightly chewy.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I finished last years candy canes about Thanksgiving. They were chewy too! I didn't buy boxes of all those flavors this year!