Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pain relief.

I recently joined our local freecycle network. A neighbor told me about it during the holidays. It is a great way to share the things you don't want or need anymore, and help others in the community at the same time. It seems like the items listed get snatched up pretty fast. I had the amazing good fortune of being the first to reply to an offer of some metal lockers. A couple of years ago I had to pass up some free ones by the side of the road, because my car was full of work stuff, and I was very sad about that.




I used to keep my fabrics and scraps in big plastic bins stacked up in the garage, so whenever I wanted to use them, it was a major pain to find what I was looking for. Now with different colored fabrics in different lockers, being creative just got a little easier. I now need to make a master list, so that I don't end up opening every door looking for that one particular fabric.

I have some things that I want to list on the network now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Earlier this week I went to my second favorite thrift store (Savers) in a neighboring town, since we don't have one here. It makes travlleling to the next county on business more exciting. I got some great deals on some crafting supplies, and this cute little lunch box. It has a business logo on it, so it needs some kind of sprucing up.



The fun stuff I found actually helped me get through my teeth-cleaning appointment this morning. Imagining some of the things I could make with that pretty ribbon and embroidery thread took my mind off of the poking and scraping that was going on.

3 comments:

faithsalutes said...

There is nothing I want more than lockers.

Julie said...

Here I am so excited that I found little metal boxes that lock and you fund the ultimate -- lockers!!! For free no less.

Angie said...

Those lockers are wonderful! Look at all that storage potential. Good find.

Angie